Scholars and analysts in the United States often frame US-India relations in the context of a pivot with respect to China. They talk of balancing China’s rise in Asia. The question is: does India want to be seen in this role? What are India’s motivations in improving India-US relations? In a recent speech at Brown University, Nirupama Rao, India’s Ambassador to the United States, spelled out India’s priorities in the region. She carefully lays out what Asia and China mean to India and then offers opportunities for US-India engagement. What should the US read into this?
- christianm on Are dams a viable energy resource? Some say “yes”.
- christianm on Tourism declining?
- christianm on Cheap Cheap Oil
- dzekiri on Indian Foreign Minister to visit China & border issues
- Patrick McCleary on Are dams a viable energy resource? Some say “yes”.
If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.